The ROM can be found at http://www.peteralfonso.com/.
I rooted my phone after the latest Froyo update but had not installed an ROMs. A friend of my pointed me to this Gingerbread ROM with an over-clocked kernel.
- Backup all applications and data, since you are already rooted, use Titanium Backup.
- Download the ROM and kernel
- Copy the ROM and Kernel to the SDCard, I put them in the ClockworkMod folder.
- Install ROM Manager
- Install ClockworkMod from ROM Manager if not already installed
- Backup existing ROM using ROM Manager, the phone will reboot and stream data on the screen.
- Select Install ROM from SDCARD and select the gingerbread ROM. Select wipe data and cache. The phone will reboot and stream data on the screen.
- Once installed, setup your google account again.
- Install Titanium Backup from the marketplace again.
- Restore all your applications, a bit tedious but better then searching them all out in the marketplace and re-downloading.
- Select Install ROM from SDCARD and select the kernel. I chose the 1GHz and it works great. Using SetCPU I have the phone switch between 1GHz and 500MHz on demand to conserve battery life.
- Enjoy the gingerbread.
So far (2 hours), I find the gingerbread to be more responsive and I like the darker interface.